• Tags
    Data Hub Priority Plan 2021 General data hub improvements
  • Assigned to
    No one yet
  • Subscribers
    Aristide Athanassiadis
    Paul Hoekman

You are not logged in

Please join us and let's build things, together!

Description

There is a very international dataset on the human development index:

The Subnational Human Development Index (4.0)

I think this is in general very interesting to link with our MFA data. Being able to compare material flows with human development should be one of the things our academic hub can do. However we need to figure out how to import these figures in the first place, as these are not material or stock flows so we don't have a good place for them yet.

Discussion and updates

New task was created

Hey Paul that is a great idea! I actually contacted the authors of A Good Life For All Within Planetary Boundaries paper and asked them about their dataset which is a way to downscale planetary boundaries at a country level (I think you will like it :)) and some socio-economic characteristics.
I think that two of the three components of HDI are already there as well.

However, what is the most exciting in your link (I didn't know them before) is that they provide data at a subnational level. We might want to check how they got the 1483 sub-national regions! In EU it seems to correspond to NUTS2 I think.

Cool cool cool Aris!! And yes I also like the subnational data of the source mentioned, very relevant as counties are not as homogeneous as we sometimes think they are.