Programming work
  • Tags
    2020 Launch Sprint
  • Assigned to
    Paul Hoekman
  • Subscribers
    Paul Hoekman

You are not logged in

Please join us and let's build things, together!

Description

Improve the way organizations look, and ensure the news and events sections are better polished.

Discussion and updates

New task was created

Task was assigned to Paul Hoekman

Status change: Open → In Progress

I've worked on the organization lists and individual pages. Thanks to previous work by George, there were lots of logos available but they weren't shown. Now they are, and it much improves how this section looks. Also cleaned up the individual records, and now showing the lists in grid form. Hereby how it looked before...

And this is what it's like now.

I'll now be looking into the project lists.

With the project section I ended up doing the opposite. It was originally set up as a grid, but most projects lack logos so it wasn't very appealing. Also the list is HUGE so the grid view doesn't allow for an easy way to browse. Instead I made it into a tabular view, and also improved the individual record page. Attached the old views...

... and here the new ones

Okay so now the news section has been improved... there is a management section in the control panel. News can be added/edited/deleted from there. A similar news management section is available for ALL news throughout our network, which is available from the main control panel. Also note that each project website has the news list available now. So all in all this should make editing news easier.

We should now focus on writing up news articles on the latest developments. But technically speaking I think the community portal prep work is done for now.

Status change: In Progress → Completed