• Tags
    2020 Launch Sprint
  • Assigned to
    Paul Hoekman
  • Subscribers
    Carolin Bellstedt
    Paul Hoekman

You are not logged in

Please join us and let's build things, together!

Description

Based on our current section, but also using the new mapping features Guus has set up.

Discussion and updates

New task was created

Task was assigned to Paul Hoekman

Status change: Open → In Progress

Okay so the more I go into getting our data portal up and running, the more rabbit holes appear. There are just many bits and pieces and it takes time to set things up well, coherently, and in a technically sound way. After all the prep work I don't want to rush the last parts too much as it would mean we either have a poorly structured data hub that will require more time to whip into shape later, or it means things will be half-done, which doesn't leave a good impression.

This, combined with Carolin's idea that the data portal presents things around our stages (data collection, processing, analysis), made me think that we may instead do better by focusing right now on showing a nicely looking and "teasing" data portal that shows primarily our data collection status. Properly visualizing the datasets, maps etc formerly loaded into the system doesn't really add that much value at the moment, as we're still scraping the surface of the amount of data and "completeness" we expect and aim for, but it does require a boatload of time. I rather spread this out over the coming weeks as not to rush it.

So, let me put this on hold, focus on the "teaser" data portal preparation, and pick this up in a little bit.

Status change: In Progress → On Hold

I absolutely understand. That's the sensible way to go. If we communicate, as we have previously done that there are several phases/parts of this and that we build them in stages, people will know what to expect and when.

Yeah perfect, good point, let's make sure we do that.